17 - 20 July 2017, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
5 reasons why you should participate:
• Keynotes from Larry Ilcewicz the FAA Chief Scientific and Technical Advisor for Composite Materials
• Keynotes from chief engineers / composites experts on composites technologies and challenges
• A half-day Industry/Academia/Government workshop on “Challenges for the Next Generation of Leaders in Composites Technology”. Your chance to meet the experts, learn technical opportunities and challenges of industry, understand what industry needs from the next generation of leaders, and what help you could get for your career development
• A one-day tutorial on composites free with full conference registration
• Three best student paper awards (in the name of Dr. Suong Van Hoa) - first prize $1000, second prize $500, third prize $300
20-25 August 2017, Xi'an, China
The 21st International Conference on Composites Materials (ICCM-21) will be held in Xi'an, China, August 20-25, 2017. ICCM, the most premier conference in the field of composite materials, aims at encouraging the exchange of the researches and insights from scientists and scholars, and promoting research, development and use of composite material and structures. The conference theme for the ICCM-21 is "Advanced Composites: Innovation and Development", which tries to explore the very important role of innovation in the development of composite materials, and examine if the composite materials are making a difference in boosting the global economy. The conference includes plenary talks, keynote lectures, oral and poster, and various social programs for over 2,000 participants from around the world.
April 20, 21, 2017, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
The first International Symposium on Automated Composites Manufacturing (ACM1) was held in Montreal in April 2013. The event was a great success for the composite manufacturing community with over 36 oral presentations and participants from 11 countries. The symposium addressed hot topics in the area of advanced composites manufacturing using automated technologies. It brought together both academia and industrial practitioners and aimed to bridge the gap between academic research and industrial applications. Leading from this success, the second International Symposium on Automated Composites Manufacturing (ACM2) was held in Montreal in April 2015. With 47 presentations and 150 participants from 13 countries this event again was a great success.
At the request of many, and following the trend toward increased use of automated manufacturing of composite structures, the Third Symposium on Automated Composites Manufacturing (ACM3) is being organized to be held in Montreal April 20, 21, 2017.
Institute for Aerospace Research
National Reasearch Council
Montreal Road, Building M-3
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0R6
Tel: (613) 993-1159
Fax: (613) 998-8609
Department of Mechanical Engineering
10-203 Donadeo Innovation
Centre for Engineering
9211-116 Street NW
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, T6G 1H9
Tel: (780) 492-6982
Fax: (780) 492-2200
Structures and Composite Materials Laboratory
McDonald Building, room 270
817 Sherbrooke West Street
Montreal, QC, Canada H3A 0C3
Tel: (514) 398-6303
Fax: (514) 398-7365
Why join us ?
- Assist Canadian industry to remain competitive by staying up to date with scientific and technological developments in the composites industry in Canada and abroad.
- Create new and strengthen existing communication linkages for the extensive and rapid diffusion of composite materials technologies.
- Encourage the application of composites in all sectors (where there is a benefit to do so).
- Facilitate representation to government to support market-driven composites activities.
- Foster the creation of R & D alliances involving composites.
-Network with other national and international materials organizations, trade associations, standards bodies and professional societies.
- Promote Canadian composites capabilities internationally.
- Support composites companies located in Canada who are looking to expand their markets, whether nationally, internationally or both.
Download Membership Application Form by clicking on the button below. Please send the completed form to the CACSMA Secretary.